Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Tradtions: Day 1, Movies

 Source Photo

Every family has Christmas traditions.  This week I want to feature some of mine from growing up.  We all know that I love old movies and that love didn't pop up from nowhere, my parents love old movies too!  We grew up watching Black and White and Technicolor, musicals and slap-stick.  One of our favorite family traditions is watching our Christmas movies together.  We have probably see White Christmas a million time...we know every word, which is kind of the fun of it. My mom and I like to watch Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer with a bowl of peppermint ice cream. Stephanie, Ben and I like to watch the Holiday Inn. I like to watch the Bells of St. Mary's because of the super cute 1st grade nativity play that is so precious and funny! My sister Amber, my mom and I like to watch Little Women. My dad like to watch The Three Godfather's with John Wayne, of course, it's a typical western (meaning someone you like dies) but it's a good one for Christmas!  And of course there's The Christmas Story, The Family Stone, The Santa Clause, and Home Alone.   But the best tradition of all is watching It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve.  We've been watching it since I can remember on that night and we all cry at the end every year.  We live simple lives but it always reminds us what a difference we can make and how we can touch others lives.  The one movies or story I really do not like at all is A Christmas Carol.  It scared me as a little girl and I still don't like it now...but the muppet one is the most enjoyable to watch if I had too, the new Disney one is horrible! Super Scary!

I hope that I have mentioned some titles that you've never heard of or want to give a try! Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment