Friday, April 20, 2012

Dinners

 Source photo

Sometimes dinner can be the last thing you want to do after a long day talking care of the house and baby.  But I think I've finally hit my stride with 2 simple ways to prepare foods.  the first thing that helps me is my crock pot.  I use it to cook my chicken, usually I put two  frozen chicken breasts in with about a cup of water and one pack of Italian dressing seasoning. It cooks on high for 4 to 6 hours (I've also cooked it on low for 8).  Then I take out the chicken and shred it up with a fork, and store it in the fridge.

I use this chicken for loads of things.  I use it for chicken pasta with spinach, broccoli chicken casserole, green salads, chicken salad pitas.  Cooking the chicken this way makes it really versatile...and you can give it to your baby as finger food too! Easy!

The next thing I've been into is roasting veggies.  This is too easy and so good!  All you do is take baby carrots, zucchini, onions, small white or red potatoes, anything you have in your fridge.  Cut up what you need to and place in a foil lined pyrex baking pan.  Then pour over some olive oil, salt and pepper, and some Italian dry seasoning, and mix all together with your hands and pat flat.  Turn your oven to 350 degrees and leave in for 40 to an hour.  They get caramelized and delicious. Another great idea is to put either chicken or turkey in the center and put some chopped lemons on top and all around and bake with the veggies for and hour or so.  Simple!

I've been really enjoying spinach lately...I have plans to make spinach and fruit morning smoothies! So hopefully I can share that soon.  I never thought I'd be any sort of a meal planner because I'm not a planner but I do want to provide healthy and tasty meals for my hard working hubs and these are things that my little guy can enjoy too once he has more teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment