Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bursary of Bliss

 source photo

My little friend Kristen at Windy Poplars has made a list of the things that bring her heart joy.  I loved how Kristen talked about this list being the things that God put in her heart to bring her comfort and true joy.  I believe this to be true as well.  That God knows our hearts and lavishes us with this little gifts.  Sometimes I am more aware of these things than other times but still they are there.  So here is my list:

1. Butterflies
2. Being the last one to go to bed when all the lights are off except the Christmas tree lights.
3. Pumpkins
4. Black and White movies
5. Antique Stores
6. Music from the 30's and 40's
7. Worship songs
8. Surprise flowers
9. Hugs
10. People watching in Disneyland

That's all I can think of so far...I'm sure there's much much more.  Thanks Kristen for asking this question!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Meg dear! It's a great exercise, isn't it? Thanks for participating! I feel like sharing these lists is truly a window into the soul.- Speaking of windows, just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you today. I know how hard it is not to have definite direction. I've been there many times. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is wait. But I realized that even though we feel "directionless", there are still things that God has in front of us (like keeping our homes or serving our husbands) that we can still do with all our hearts. It helps distract us from the lack of direction elsewhere, and God intends for us to be fully and contentedly where we are placed I think - not so much always looking ahead for where we're going. So he gives us time of "sitting still".- I hope you're having a wonderful day my friend. Oh, and I love your blog's July look! So fanciful! Talk to you later, ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I don't ever really stop to think about the little things in life that give me such great joy-but starting now I will! And your #2 would definitely be in my list too :) Hope your day is going well. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love your list!! The Christmas lights and pumpkins..that's me too. :)
    I may have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! Sorry I have to leave you so many comments but somebody hasn't checked her "show e-mail" box in her profile yet ;-). Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I actually did lead a worship dance team for several years, and it was fun, but not nearly as fun as participating in something but not having to be in charge of it.- I've got my eyes open for opportunities though! I really hope some come my way! It's such a comfort to know people understand what I'm talking about! Thank you for the empathy :-) Who knows what God has in store for both of us this year in the arts? Have you considered community theatre?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so with you on #7!!! which makes it convenient that i married a worship leader. ; ) i love your shabby background - it looks beautiful on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog - it's adorable! It's so great to remember the little things that make us happy, I couldn't agree more with #2. Christmas is my very favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love antique stores :) And hugs!! What a lovely list!

    ReplyDelete