Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So..

 source photo

A week ago my world turned upside down...my hubbs got mysteriously very sick and then 24 hours later, was resting and recuperating and is now getting back to normal (thanks again for the prayers!)  He woke me up last Thursday at 5 am with a seizure.  He's never had one before, it doesn't run in his family and he didn't have a head injury.  It was like I described it...a total nightmare.  It's been a week and we still don't know why it happened, the Doctors say that not having an answers is the best case scenario. (Because "an answer" would mean something very serious.)  It seems to be pretty common. The more we read about it and talk to people the more stories we hear of unexplained seizures happening to people once in their lives and never again.  This seems to be his case since he's not had one again, since last Thursday night.

I had a conversation with the ER Doctor at 1 in the morning as they were medicating my sleeping husband, that recovery was going to be worse for me than it will be for him.  He doesn't remember them, he just has to go through the testing and the medication etc.  I will never forget the images, the panic, the staying strong and upbeat for almost 24 straight hours, standing next to a stranger in the emergency waiting room while he threw up in the trash can.  Traumatic.  I have never been so frazzled in my life!

I wanted to explain what happened because I just feel like God has a plan for all of our lives.  Some times we don't understand them (for example, the only explanation I have right now for this happening is that maybe some one wanted to scare the living daylights out of me?! yes? no?). But for some people things come easy for a while, they don't struggle with the same things you do.  But we ALL are going to struggle, be tested by fire, you just might not know when. For the past couple weeks my husband and I have been saying to each other "When we are so small, God is so big." we were saying it to encourage each other for a whole other reason...then trauma hits...and I have to really decide do I believe this? It was easier to say it and believe it before...but then all the lights go out and you are alone..."Now do you trust me to be as Big as I AM or not?"

My only answer is a humble "yes."

We never know what's really going on in people's lives, I really got a dose of compassion through this.  I am so grateful for the nurses and doctors who were Angels when I needed them! And I'm thankful for my parents who stopped everything to support Chris and I...I would be a wreck with out them.  And I am thankful to God for continuing to bless me with my husband!

8 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! You must have been terrified! I'm so glad he's doing ok and I hope and pray that never happens again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't imagine how scared you were. Can you imagine going through that without the Lord??? I'm so thankful you're a believer and put your trust in Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so good to know that the best place to be in the midst of trials is trusting and resting in the Lord!!! i had two undiagnosable seizures during our 1st year of marriage and it was scary... i couldn't drive for over 6 months! i haven't had them since. i hope this will be the last of them for your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for ya Meg. I know how traumatic something like this can be, and I also know that God does walk us through and out the other side still standing! Trust Him, thank Him, and rest in Him today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trust in God is the perfect answer, but I am praying for you and your peace to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have your e-mail, so hopefully this will work: Go to http://www.dayspring.com/ecards/pickup.asp and enter your retrieval code (5178504-58B09) in the space provided.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad he's feeling better. I can imagine that it was really scary for you. Someone in my family had a seizure once and it never happened again.
    Saying a prayer for you guys.

    ReplyDelete