Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm Reading...

 source photo

I'm reading Little Women.  It's been a long time movie favorite of mine, my mom's and my sister's. But Although my mom gave me the book to read when I was a little girl, I never got into it.  I was really not a great reader until high school/college.  I have a great passion for the classics, because there's a reason why these books are still around.  I have only gotten through the first 7 chapters so far, but Lousia May Alcott is a beautiful writer.  I've been reading it out loud to my husband while he works or "plays" (facebook) on the computer.  I'm reading out loud because someday I would like to read this book to my daughters.  I am touched by this book, how it has made us laugh, and me cry already.  It's so strange a thing to do together but it has shown me a new side to him, I already knew that he was sweet and patient with me, but now I know that he will be just as sweet, patient, and understanding to our daughters someday.  (I say daughters because I want at least 2, if not 3)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Meg! Here comes another "me too" moment: brace yourself :-) I do love all things Little Women. Probably b/c I grew up w/ 2 sisters. I love all the movie versions, love the books, and have seen the broadway musical performed both at the Kennedy Center in DC w/ Maureen McGovern (AMAZING), and at a local college. You totally should see that play if you get the opportunity btw.- Anyway, my hubby and I also read aloud together! At the moment it's The Return of the Guardian King by Karen Hancock. I really enjoy our times together doing that. Beats TV any night! Hope you're having a wonderful day so far... TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the advice! :0) I really appreciate you taking the time to do that for me! I hope we have a motherhood in our mall...I honestly haven't even checked yet. I love your new background! It's so pretty! Thanks again Meg! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg - I love Little Women, especially because I come from a family of four girls, and we have similarities to the March girls. The book, as well as the movies (the old and new,) are so great, and capture the joy of sisters and family so well.

    Hope all is well with you! And by the way, I'm loving "stay-at-home-wife Candace" too :)It's very fun.

    ReplyDelete