Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

 source photo

My movie selection for this week is called Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.  It's a musical made in 1953, with Jane Russel and Marilyn Monroe.  I know a lot of people don't like Marilyn, but I like her and I think she is great in this movie.  In the movie you follow 2 friends (Russel and Monroe) while they cruse to Europe where they are going to sing.  Jane Russel plays Dorothy, the smart one, and Marilyn plays the less smart and diamond crazy one, this combination gets them into trouble! I just like it, it's fun and the clothes are wonderful! Enjoy!

p.s. I have no idea what the title has to do with the movie (I think they just thought it was cute?) sorry brunettes~I used to be one of you too...

2 comments:

  1. since i'm a brunette i don't know if i could see this movie... i feel like i'd be betraying my roots! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad for your new job sweet girl!!!! Congrats!!! Left you a little somethhing over at my blog!! Hope you enjoy! HAve a great day!

    ReplyDelete