Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gigi

 source photo

In honor of the Oscars I decided to do a little research and look at which one of my favorite movies had previously won "Best Picture." Happily, lots of my favorite movies have won "Best Picture" or at least have been nominated for it! So now that you all are assured that I have good taste I will announce my pick for this week! Gigi!

This is my first musical, (which I was holding back let me tell you I love musicals) Also it's my first color.  I wanted to wait for a while to do color films but I saw the Gigi won in 1958...it's very "spring-timey" and I love it! This film stars Leslie Caron as a turn of the century- young Parisian girl who is struggling with the idea of growing up...she is taking lessons on "the art of being a woman" how to dress how to eat, make conversation etc.  But she is bored by it all...but then one day....

I'll let you watch it for yourselves! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I've reset some of my privacy settings, and am re-trying a post (abbreviated) here. Maybe it will work! I said something to the effect of "I wish you would stop posting so many things that I have to say, 'oh my goodness...ME TOO!' to b/c I'm feeling like such a poser :-)" I really enjoyed GiGi as a movie, although my DH has never seen it. Would be a good one to check out from the library! - Also checking w/ some of my new blog "kindred spirits" to see if they would like to e-mail or facebook instead of such lengthy comments? Let me know if you're interested! Hope you're having a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete