Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Quiet Man

 source photo

So this weekend it hit me that I knew a totally awesome movie to watch for St. Patrick's Day and I didn't even think about it till it was too late! So I'm posting it this week in hopes that you'll give it a try anyways! So my Movie selection this week is called The Quiet Man.  This is my first John Wayne movie to post, my dad loves John Wayne movies and I have seen a lot of them and have come to like almost all of them as well.  The Quiet Man, based on a short story by Maurice Walsh, is about an American ex-boxer who comes to Ireland to live.  He meets a fiery red-head, played by one of my very favorite female actors Maureen O'Hara, and trouble ensues.  I love this movie because it has so much to do with male/female relationships and gender roles.  It's very beautiful looking and is funny and touching! It's is wonderful, enjoy! 

1 comment: