Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Discipline of Prayer

So I've been feeling the pull of God to come closer to Him for a while now.  I started to do my daily devotions again every morning which feels good.  Then I started to pray afterward...It did not go well and I was thankful that the Spirit intercedes for us because I needed Him to.  I realized that the reason why it didn't go well was because I wasn't disciplining myself to focus on talking to God.  My mind was wandering all over the place.  I would say a word like "work" and starting singing a song in my head like "I've been working on the railroad."  SHEESH.  It was embarrassing! So I decided that I need to pray more and discipline myself.  Today went better...even though I still did the word associating song thing...but I asked God to focus my mind every time I strayed.  It will probably take a while but a disciplined prayer life is something very important to me and hopefully for all believers.  Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. It's easy to get distracted in prayer for me too. I loved what you said about the Spirit interceding for us, it just reminded me of God's mercy. Thanks for sharing this! :)

    P.S. I love that picture, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete