Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The How's and the What's

I just wanted to take some time to share an exercise that my husband and I have implemented into our communication life.  We like to listen to sermons via pod-casts from a pastor who serves in Vista, Ca.  One sermon he was giving was about intimacy.  This is one of the suggestions that the pastor made that he and his wife do monthly.  You find some time to get alone with your spouse and you sit face to face and ask one another "How am I being a good wife/husband?" Each taking your turn to ask and answer.  Then you ask "What can I do to be a better wife/husband?" Again taking your turn to ask and answer.

My husband and  I do this every Sunday night...monthly is good too but we're newlyweds still learning how to live with each other.  It's really productive because you both take the time to affirm each other and also it's really helpful for both of you to know what you can do to make your marriage better.  There are so many things that go unsaid during the week that are really important, good and not so good! We laugh, I cry sometimes...but it's so freeing to know what's on his heart and mind and for him to know what's on mine!  Try it out...maybe on Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment